🎙️: A Curious Worldview Podcast - Search, Subscribe 5-Stars! https://curiousworldview.buzzsprout.com/1485736
The following is a conversation with author and journalist, Paul Cleary.
Paul has authored several books about natural resources and focuses on the differing methods by which governments have either capitalised or squandered their natural resource windfall.
This is a podcast about Norway’s success, Australia’s failure, and the overall issue of balancing and playing off private and public interests when it comes to a nation’s natural resources.
In This Podcast With Paul Cleary, You Can Expect To Hear About…
- An Explanation Top To Bottom Dutch Disease/Paradox Of Plenty/Resource Curse.
- Norway, Culture Comparison Between Australia & Norway & The Wealth Fund.
- North Sea Divers.
- How Australia Mishandled Its Natural Resources.
- + My Favourite Part, How Paul Responds To A Conversation Between Any Two People Of History.
Jump In On My Newsletter 📋 🔑 - https://atlasgeographica.com/subscribe
📷 Instagram & Twitter 🐦
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 04:02 – Bill Finnegan & Famous Journalists.
- 05:38 – Paradox Of Plenty & Dutch Disease.
- 24:15 – Comparing Norwegian & Australian Culture.
- 26:51 – Trillion Dollar Baby & Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- 48:27 – North Sea Divers.
- 50:16 – Australia & East Timor.
- 1:00:18 – How Australia Managed Its Natural Resources.
- 1:17:32 – Ethics Of Resource Extraction.
- 1:21:56 – Country Paul Is Bullish On.
- 1:23:00 – Conversation Between Any Two People Of History.
- 1:24:32 – Ambition For The Podcast.
Episodes Of The Curious Worldview Podcast Mentioned.
Links To Paul Cleary
A Curious Worldview Podcast - This is my main podcast project. I feature a whole suite of interviews on there covering all extensions of my interests. https://curiousworldview.buzzsprout.com/
I also run a Nassim Taleb podcast covering all the wonderful ideas found in the 5 part Incerto series.
🎙️The Nassim Taleb & Incerto Podcast: - https://theincertonassimtalebpodcast.buzzsprout.com/