🎙️: A Curious Worldview Podcast - Subscribe! https://curiousworldview.buzzsprout.com/1485736
Nicholas Shaxson is a British author, activist, journalist, investigator, former guest on the podcast and most importantly, author of the wonderful book and subject of this podcast, Treasure Islands.
Shaxson is one of the most influential people to have blown the lid off the cancerous influence tax havens and offshore finance have upon the world.
I think Treasure Islands is so significant because for me it explained the foundational knowledge of everything that informs Jim Henry’s Blood Bankers, Bradley Hopes Billion Dollar Whale, Oliver Bullough’s Moneyland and as well, upcoming guests, John Perkins and Bill Browder.
In This Podcast With Nicholas Shaxson, You Can Expect To Hear About…
- A Real World Example For Why Your Grocery Shopping Is Likely Robbing The Developing World.
- The Tools & Slimy Tricks Of The Offshore Accountant.
- + More On Globalisation, The Cancer Of It All & If There Is Any Way Out.
Jump In On My Newsletter 📋 🔑 - https://atlasgeographica.com/subscribe
📷 Instagram & Twitter 🐦
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 04:03 – A Real Life Example Of UK – Ecuadorian Bannana’s & The Detriments Of Tax Avoidance.
- 21:56 – The Tools Of The Slimy Offshore Accountant – Trusts, Shells, Bearer Bonds, Secrecy & Opacity.
- 43:13 – Why Financial Secrecy & Offshore Are A Cancer On The World.
- 50:47 – Is This All Consequence Of Globalisation?
- 58:06 – Calling Out Real World Companies & Crypto’s Role In All Of This.
- 1:08:59 – Afterthoughts & Ambition For This Podcast.
Episodes Of The Curious Worldview Podcast Mentioned.
Links To Nicholas Shaxson